Grilled Salmon with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6-- (1-inch-thick) salmon steaks
- -- Celery salt
- -- Freshly ground pepper
- -- Melted butter
- 1-- onion, finely chopped
- 2-- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6tablespoons butter
- 3-- tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1cup heavy cream
- 2tablespoons butter, softened
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- -- Chopped fresh parsley
- Season the salmon with celery salt and pepper. Grill over hot coals for 5 mintues per side or until cooked through, basting frequently with melted butter.
- Saute the onion and garlic in 6 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan until translucent. Add the tomatoes, wine and 1 tablespoon parsley and cook until heated through. Add the cream and bring the sauce to a simmer. Combine 2 tablespoons butter with the flour. Stir until a smooth paste has formed. Add the flour mixture slowly, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Serve the sauce over the grilled salmon. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe reprinted with permission from South Carolina Outdoor Press Association’s Wild Fare and Wise Words (Columbia, South Carolina, 2005).