Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese and Bacon
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This makes a great side or salad when you’re grilling your main dish. Just simply place the entire romaine head on grill, and it’s as easy as that. Perfect for cookouts and summer dinner parties.
- 4 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese or crumbles blue cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (375F).
- Season romaine leaves with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill romaine heads over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until wilted. Cut off bottom ends and serve with crumbled bacon and cheese, if desired.