Grilled Roasted Pepper, Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Yield: 2 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
For an uptown grilled cheese, try proscuitto in place of the ham, and goat cheese over the Monterey Jack or Cheddar.
- 4slices whole-grain bread
- 4teaspoons softened butter, divided
- 4slices lean ham
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar), patted dry and thinly slice
- 3ounces Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Spread butter on bread. Divide ham, peppers and cheese between 2 slices bread.
- Place on a heated grill, and cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.