Grilled Roasted Pepper, Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Not quite your mother's grilled cheese, but home-style enough even with the sweet pepper tweak.
For an uptown grilled cheese, try proscuitto in place of the ham, and goat cheese over the Monterey Jack or Cheddar.
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 teaspoons softened butter, divided
- 4 slices lean ham
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar), patted dry and thinly slice
- 3 ounces Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Spread butter on bread. Divide ham, peppers and cheese between 2 slices bread.
- Place on a heated grill, and cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.