Grilled Reuben Sandwich
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Rye bread and corned beef punch up scrambled eggs in this sandwich that's great for breakfast.
This is a breakfast/brunch version of a Reuben that gets its toasty crunch from a grill pan instead of a griddle. Feel free to add sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing if you so desire.
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced corned beef or ham
- 4 slices light rye bread with seeds
- 2 (3/4-ounce) slices 1
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Scramble eggs with salt and pepper.
- Layer corned beef and cheese on two slices of bread. Top with scrambled eggs and remaining bread.
- Melt butter in a small grill pan. Grill sandwich until golden brown and crisp.
Recipe by Lisa Waterman Gray.