Grilled Red Snapper with Mixed Olive Tapenade
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) portions red snapper, grouper or other firm white fish fillets
- 1/2cup Crisco® 100 % Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 coarse black pepper, divided
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2tablespoons drained capers
- 1tablespoon flat leaf parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 anchovy fillet or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/3cup pitted kalamata olives
- Lemon wedges, parsley sprigs and additional pimiento-stuffed green olives for garnish (optional)
- Rinse fish fillets; pat dry. Place in single layer in shallow baking dish. Whisk 1/4 cup oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Drizzle over fish. Brush to coat thoroughly. Turn and coat other side of fish. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Place capers, parsley, garlic and anchovy fillet, if desired, in food processor. Add remaining 1/4 cup oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process until well blended. Add green olives and kalamata olives. Pulse, in 1-second intervals, about 5 times, just until coarsely chopped.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Place fish on grill; cook 5 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until internal temperatures reads 145F. To serve, spoon olive tapenade over fillet. Garnish with lemon wedges, parsley and olives, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.