Grilled Potato Salad
- Yield: 10 servings
- 2 1/2pounds small new potatoes (red and yellow), scrubbed
- 1/2cup olive oil
- -- Salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 8-- cornichon, finely diced
- 2tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4cup coarsely chopped fresh chervil, for garnish
- Cover potatoes with water in a medium saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain potatoes and let cool and slice in half. Heat the grill to medium. Brush the potatoes with 1/4 cup of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes on the grill, cut-side down, and grill until lightly golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and continue grilling until just cooked through, about 4 minutes longer.
- While the potatoes are grilling, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and oil in a large bowl, add the red onion, cornichon and capers and stir to combine. Remove the potatoes from the grill and immediately add to the bowl with the other ingredients and gently stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped chervil.