Grilled Portobello Caesar Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Grilled Portabellas:
- 4 portobellos, stemmed and thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic cloves; minced or pressed
- 12cups (about 10 ounces) chopped romaine lettuce, rinsed and crisped
- 1/4cup parmesan cheese
- 2cups seasoned croutons
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- For the port0bellos, brush each cap with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a sheet pan.
- Bake at 500F until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Cool slightly; then thinly slice; reserve.
- For the salad, in a large bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste, mustard and garlic to blend.
- Add lettuce, cheese and croutons; gently toss.
- Divide among 4 serving plates
- Top each salad with sliced portabellas; serve immediately.