Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Gingered Jezebel Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- Marinade and meat:
- 1/2cup light soy sauce
- 2tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2tablespoons sherry (optional)
- 3pounds pork tenderloin
- fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Jezebel sauce:
- 2/3cup pineapple preserves
- 1/3cup apple jelly
- 1 to 2tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, onions and sherry in a shallow dish or large plastic zip-top bag. Add pork and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare sauce while the pork marinates. Microwave preserves and jelly until melted. Stir in horseradish and ginger.
- Remove meat from dish and discard marinade. Grill pork, with lid closed, over medium-high heat (350F to 400F) for 25 minutes, or until internal temperatures reaches 155F. Turn once, basting with 1/2 cup sauce. Grill 5 to 10 minutes longer, until temperature reaches 160F. Slice and serve with the remaining sauce and rosemary sprigs.
Recipe by Janey Stubbs, Starkville, Miss.