Grilled Pork Chop with Raisin Bacon Whiskey Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
I'm always in search of different ingredients for my beloved pork chops. I love pork with apple so why not pork with radisins. OMGOSH, I should have thought of this years ago! It was simply delicious. The adition of bacon and Tennesee whiskey made this extra special. I hope that you all enjoy this as much as I did. Cooking with Passion, sw :)
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1tablespoon all-purpose Greek seasoning
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Raisin Bacon Whiskey Sauce
- 4slices bacon, cut in pieces
- 1small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4cup California golden raisins, reconstituted
- 1/2cup ham stock
- 1/4cup whiskey
- 3tablespoons gourmet pepper jelly
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon allspice
- Rub pork chops with Greek seasoning and olive oil. Grill on a medium-high grill 4 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- To prepare sauce, fry bacon until crispy. Add shallot and garlic and sauté over medium-high heat until translucent. Add raisins and ham stock. Remove from heat and add slowly add whiskey. Return to heat and add remaining sauce ingredients. Simmer 6 to 8 minutes, until alcohol has cooked off and the sauce has reduced by a third.
- Place pork chop on a warm plate and top with sauce. Garnish with chopped mint.
Recipe by Sherri Williams