Grilled Polenta and Sausage and Pomodoro Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6cups water
- 2cups polenta (stone-ground grits)
- 1/2cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3tablespoons butter
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2cups Pomodoro Sauce (see recipe)
- Bring water to boil and slowly add polenta, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until polenta is thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Add cheese and butter. Pour olive oil in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spread polenta in pan. Allow to cool completely; store overnight in refrigerator. When completely cooled, cut into 12 triangles.
- Prepare grill.
- Cook sausage and rosemary in a skillet. Drain.
- Place polenta triangles on grill rack. Cook on both sides. Place polenta on individual serving dishes. Top each with 1 tablespoon Pomodoro Sauce. Scatter sausage on top
Recipe by Kristine Gasbarre, a food writer in DuBois, Pa
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 485
- Fat 26g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 890
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 15g