Grilled Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Yield: 20 servings
Serve this summertime salsa atop your favorite bean burgers, salads and tacos.
- 1/2 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 to 4 jalapeños, depending on spice preference
- Olive oil, to grill the pineapples and jalapeños
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4cup red onion, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3dashes hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Spray pineapple slices and jalapeños with a little oil. Grill on a gas grill or grill pan over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side, or until pineapples and jalapeños are charred slightly and set aside to cool slightly. Dice the jalapeños and pineapple slices after they cool and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the diced mango, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, honey and olive oil. Add mango mixture to the charred, diced pineapples and jalapeños. Season with a few dashes of hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 20
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0.1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 0mg
- Potassium 27mg
- Carbohydrate 3.5g
- Fiber 0.3g
- Sugars 2.8g
- Protein 0.1g