Grilled Philly Cheese Mushroom Sandwich
- Yield 4 servings
Hearty mushrooms take the place of steak in these tasty philly cheese and mushroom sandwiches.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, core and seeds removed, quarterd
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grilled steak seasoning
- 4 Italian rolls, split length wise, toasted
- 8 slices provolone or American cheese or 4 ounces processed cheese spread
- Heat grill to medium, about 365.
- Brush both sides of mushrooms, onions and bell peppers with oil and season with steak seasoning. Place on grill and close cover, cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove onions and peppers from grill, thinly slice as desired. Place on aluminum foil and return to grill to keep warm. Remove mushrooms and thinly slice. Lightly toast bun on grill. Remove peppers, onions and mushrooms and combine.
- Place cheese on each split roll, top mushroom mixture. Turn grill off and place sandwiches on grill with lid closed, 5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Cut in half and serve immediately.