Grilled Pesto Potato Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
The superfast microwave technique saves time and prevents you from turning on the conventional oven in the summer heat. Throwing the potatoes on the grill adds a smoky flavor before tossing with fresh herbs and spices.
- 3pounds medium-size red potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/3cup white or golden balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup finely minced fresh basil
- 1/4cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover with lid or plastic wrap. Note: If using plastic wrap, make sure plastic wrap is not touching any ingredients and poke one small hole in cover to vent. Microwave on HIGH 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender (cooking time may vary depending on microwave). Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half or quarters and spray liberally with olive oil spray.
- Grill over high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, until grill lines are apparent. Remove from grill and let cool. Cut into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and garlic; pour over potatoes and toss lightly to coat. Season with pepper, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, toss with Parmesan cheese and basil, then sprinkle with pine nuts.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 210
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 230mg
- Potassium 784mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 5g