Grilled Pepper Salsa
- Yield 1 1/2 cups
The salsa can be prepared with oven-roasted peppers, but the flavor will be milder than if you grill them.
- 1 green bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill. Oil the grill rack well. Grill pepper halves, skin side down, about 5 minutes or until tender and skins are slightly charred. (If you don’t have a grill, broil the pepper halves skin side up). Using a sharp paring knife, peel away as much skin as possible. Chop the peppers and mix in a nonreactive container with remaining ingredients.