Grilled Mushrooms with Sherry
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1pound white button mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4cup dry sherry
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper; add mushrooms and toss well. Transfer mushrooms to a grilling basket or rack in a broiler pan and grill or broil until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is softened and pale gold, about 1 minute. Add sherry and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and parsley; toss well.
- Serve over grilled hamburgers, or toasted French or Italian bread as an appetizer.