Grilled Mushroom and Chickpea Wrap with Basil
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/4pounds medium button mushrooms, halved
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/2teaspoon baharat or garma masala
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4teaspoons honey
- 2 1/4teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Heat grill or large skillet to medium high heat. In a large bowl, toss mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook mushrooms in grill pan or skillet 2 to 3 minutes, turning often with a spatula. In a large bowl, toss cooked mushrooms with baharat or garam masala.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the dressing over the mushrooms. Toss to coat. Cover and set aside 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cover chickpeas with water, bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cool in liquid and drain. Remove 1/3 of the chickpeas to a small bowl and lightly mash with the back of a fork or potato masher. Return to saucepot and combine with remaining cooked chickpeas.
- Toss chickpea mix, tomatoes, basil and remaining dressing with mushrooms.
- Warm dry skillet to medium heat. Quickly warm each tortilla on both sides and remove to cutting board. Spoon a heaping 1/2 cup mushroom filling onto each tortilla; roll burrito-style and cut in half to serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 465
- Fat 25g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 0g
- Sodium 733mg
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 11g