Grilled Marinated Salmon with Texas Rio Star Grapefruit Beurre Blanc
- Yield 4 servings
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 -- salmon filets, approximately 5 ounces each
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed Texas Rio Star grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 -- shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 10 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1 -- Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned and chopped
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare salmon: In a small bowl, whisk miso, mirin and rice vinegar to make marinade. Place filets in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Pour marinade over fish and turn to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Brush grill with vegetable oil and heat to medium-low heat. Remove salmon from marinade. Transfer marinade to a small saucepan and heat to boiling.
- Brush each salmon filet with 1 tablespoon of marinade and grill three minutes.
- Turn and brush with marinade.
- Grill until salmon is cooked through, about 5 minutes, being careful not to overcook.
- To prepare sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer grapefruit juice, wine, shallot and white wine vinegar. Simmer untilreduced to about 1 tablespoon. Reduce heat to low and whisk in butter one piece at a time, adding each new piece of butter just before previous piece has completely melted. Avoid overheating sauce to prevent separation. Stir in chopped grapefruit and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into a metal bowl set over a saucepan of hot water, being careful not to allow bottom of bowl to come in contact with hot water.
- Place salmon on individual plates and spoon sauce around filets. Garnish with grapefruit zest.
Note: Miso, also called bean paste, is a fermented soybean paste. It can be found in Asian markets or in the Asian or gourmet section of some supermarkets. Mirin, also called rice wine, is a sweet Japanese wine. It can be found in Asian markets or the Asian or gourmet section of some supermarkets.