Grilled London Broil
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Marinaded in a delicious blend of flavors then grilled to perfection.
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup grated gingerroot
- 4 -- garlic cloves, crushed
- -- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 -- (1 1/2- to 2-pound) London broil, 2 inches thick
- Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, oil, gingerroot, garlic and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the beef in a shallow dish, turning to coat. Marinate, covered in the refrigerator for 12 hours, turning occasionally. Sear quickly over hot coals. Grill over low heat until done to taste, turning occasionally. Slice against the grain into thin strips. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Note: This beef will cook quicker than usual due to the marinating process.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).