Grilled Lime Salmon
- Yield 4 servings
This is a beautiful presentation of a delicious meal.
- 4 -- fresh salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cups shredded mixed greens
- 1/2 cup shredded radishes
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- 1 -- canned green chili pepper, rinsed, seeded and chopped
- -- Lime slices
- Place salmon in a plastic bag; set in a shallow pan. For marinade, stir together vegetable oil, lime juice, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey; pour over salmon. Close bag; marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours, turning bag occasionally to distribute marinade.
- In large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients. Place on serving platter. Drain salmon, reserving marinade. Grill on an uncovered grill, directly over medium-hot coals for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning halfway through grilling. Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Place saucepan on side of grill; heat until bubbly. Pour hot marinade over greens; toss to wilt slightly. Serve grilled salmon on bed of greens. Garnish with lime slices.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League Springfield Publication’s Honest to Goodness(Springfield, Illinois, 1990).