Grilled Lamb Chops with Kiwi Mango Relish
- Yield 16 pieces
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Taking the ho-hum out of mint jelly, tropical fruit and fresh mint provide a tasty wake-up call to the palate.
Make the relish the evening before and refrigerate overnight for the best flavor.
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced kiwi
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, if desired, and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 16 rib or loin lamb chops, each 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- To prepare relish, combine all relish ingredients. Stir gently. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours. Let relish come to room temperature before serving. Makes 2½ cups.
- To prepare chops, prepare grill. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Cook chops over medium-hot fire 6 to 8 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Season with more pepper just before serving. Serve with relish.
Recipe by Liz Mitchell, Hailey, Idaho, courtesy of Lava Lake Lamb.