Grilled Kielbasa Kebabs
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2pound kielbasa sausage, cut in 12 pieces
- 9 whole mushrooms
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 3/4teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 1. Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- 2. Thread four 12 inch skewers, alternating sausage and vegetables.
- 3. Combine oil, mustard, lemon juice and soy sauce in a jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid and shake to blend thoroughly.
- 3. Place skewers on grill rack and brush with half the sauce. Cook 6 minutes, turn and brush with remaining sauce. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
Tips from Our Test Kitchen: Serve with brown rice or couscous. Add chunks of canned pineapple to skewers if desired.
Recipe by Gloria Smith, Nixa, Mo.