Grilled Kielbasa Kabobs
- Yield: 2 servings
"I came up with this easy recipe when I was thinking of dishes for my son to make to earn a cooking badge for his Ranger troop. Since he was the first one to make this recipe, he really loves it."
- 1/2pound kielbasa sausage, cut in 12 pieces
- 9whole mushrooms
- 1/2large green bell pepper, cubed
- 1medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 3/4teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Thread four 12-inch skewers alternating sausage and vegetables.
- Combine oil, mustard, lemon juice and soy sauce in a jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid and shake to blend thoroughly.
- Place skewers on grill rack and brush with half the sauce. Cook 6 minutes, turn and brush with remaining sauce. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
Recipe by Gloria Smith, Nixa, Mo.