Grilled Kentucky Bourbon Beef Tenderloin
- Yield 15 servings
This beef tenderloin is marinated in a savory bourbon sauce, then grilled to perfection.
- 1 -- (8-pound) beef tenderloin
- 2 -- garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Rub the tenderloin with the garlic, pepper and seasoned salt. Place the tenderloin in a large shallow dish. Combine the oil, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and parsley in a bowl and mix well. Pour the oil mixture over the tenderloin, turning to coat.
- Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 hours or longer, turning occasionally. Arrange the tenderloin on a grill rack. Sear over high heat; reduce the heat to low. Grill for 20 to 25 minutes for medium-rare or to the desired degree or doneness. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Owensboro’s Home Again, Home Again (Junior League of Owensboro, Kentucky, 2004).