Grilled Kentucky Bourbon Beef Tenderloin
- Yield: 15 servings
- 1-- (8-pound) beef tenderloin
- 2-- garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 2teaspoons Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 1cup bourbon
- 3/4cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2tablespoons dry mustard
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Rub the tenderloin with the garlic, pepper and seasoned salt. Place the tenderloin in a large shallow dish. Combine the oil, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and parsley in a bowl and mix well. Pour the oil mixture over the tenderloin, turning to coat.
- Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 hours or longer, turning occasionally. Arrange the tenderloin on a grill rack. Sear over high heat; reduce the heat to low. Grill for 20 to 25 minutes for medium-rare or to the desired degree or doneness. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Owensboro’s Home Again, Home Again (Junior League of Owensboro, Kentucky, 2004).