Grilled Jalapeno Chicken
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6-- chicken breasts, skinned, cut into halves
- 1/2cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4cup honey
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 3-- jalapenos, seeded, minced
- 3-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Arrange in a shallow nonmetallic dish. Process the lime juice, honey, cilantro, soy sauce, jalapenos, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade and store, covered, in the refrigerator. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken, turning to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning occasionally; drain. Grill over medium-hot coals for 3 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, turning and basting with the reserved marinade frequently.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).