Grilled Jalapeno Chicken
- Yield 6 servings
A delicious way to prepare chicken.
- 6 -- chicken breasts, skinned, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 -- jalapenos, seeded, minced
- 3 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Arrange in a shallow nonmetallic dish. Process the lime juice, honey, cilantro, soy sauce, jalapenos, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade and store, covered, in the refrigerator. Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken, turning to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning occasionally; drain. Grill over medium-hot coals for 3 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, turning and basting with the reserved marinade frequently.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).