Grilled Indian-Spiced Flatbread
- Yield servings
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Turmeric, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Cumin, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Red Pepper, Crushed
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) naan or Indian flatbread (2 pieces)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces goat cheese (chevre), crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in turmeric, cumin and red pepper. Set aside.
- Brush tops of naan lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place oiled-side down on the grill. Close lid. Grill over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- Spread 1/2 of the onion mixture evenly on each crust. Top with tomatoes and goat cheese. Close lid. Grill over low heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately.
Courtesy of McCormick