Grilled Indian Pork Kabobs
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1-- bone-in sirloin pork roast, about 4 pounds, boned and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2large red bell peppers, seeded, deribbed, and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2large sweet onions, such as Walla Walla or Vidalia, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 12-- 12-inch skewers , soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- -- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Indian Spice Paste:
- 4large cloves garlic
- 2tablespoons curry powder
- 1tablespoon kosher salt
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2cup fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons water
To make Indian spice paste, place garlic in food processor and process until minced. Add spices, lemon juice, oil, and water. Process until thoroughly combined.
Place pork in large self-sealing plastic bag. Pour paste over pork and mix pork with paste until pork is evenly coated. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium high. Thread pork onto skewers, alternating with pieces of red pepper and onion. Spray grill grate with vegetable oil spray. Grill kabobs directly over medium-hot fire, turning to brown evenly on all sides, for total of 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to warm platter or individual dinner plates and serve.