Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Open-faced grilled chicken sandwiches are topped with grilled pineapple slices.
- 4 -- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -- (12- to 14-ounce) bottle teriyaki sauce, divided
- 4 -- (1 1/2-inch) slices King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 4 -- canned pineapple rings, drained
- 4 leaves green leafy lettuce
- 8 -- (1/4-inch) slices red bell pepper rings
Place chicken in self-sealing plastic bag along with half of teriyaki sauce. Seal; marinate at least 1 to 2 hours, turning once or twice. Remove chicken from bag. Discard marinade.
Grill chicken breasts over medium heat about 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Baste with remaining teriyaki sauce while cooking, 2 to 3 times.
Add bread and pineapple slices to grill the last few minutes while cooking chicken, turning once to lightly brown both sides.
Top each bread slice with lettuce, bell pepper, chicken breast, and finally with pineapple. Serve immediately.