Grilled Halibut with Ginger Butter
- Yield 4 servings
Grilled Halibut topped with a savory ginger butter sauce.
- Grilled Halibut:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 -- green onions, chopped
- -- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 4 -- halibut steaks, 1 1/2-inches thick
- Ginger Butter:
- 2 -- green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger
- 1/2 cup butter
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine the first 7 ingredients for marinade in a shallow glass dish and add the halibut steaks turning once to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Grill the fish over hot coals for 10 minutes for each inch of thickness, turning midway through the cooking time. The fish should be firm to the touch. Or, if you wish, broil the fish 6 inches from the source of the heat for the same length of time.
- Remove the fish to a warm platter.
- Prepare the Ginger Butter: Process all ingredients in food processor and let stand at room temperature until ready to use.
- To serve, top each warm steak with a generous dollop of Ginger Butter.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Pasadena’s California Sizzles (Junior League of Pasadena, Inc., 1992).