Grilled Halibut with Fresh Mango Salsa
- Yield: 4 pieces
- 2cups plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2cups ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2cup diced onion
- 1/2cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1teaspoon salt, divided
- 1teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 4 halibut fillets (6 oz each)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and garlic.
- Rub the halibut with oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the fish on grill rack; grill 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with mango salsa, steamed broccoli, green beans and some sweet potato mash.
Recipe courtesy of Sharna Burgess