Grilled Halibut with Fresh Mango Salsa
- Yield 4 pieces
A mango salsa topping gives this sweet fish entree a fresh kick.
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 halibut fillets (6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and garlic.
- Rub the halibut with oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the fish on grill rack; grill 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with mango salsa, steamed broccoli, green beans and some sweet potato mash.
Recipe courtesy of Sharna Burgess