Grilled Grouper with Florida Fruit Salsa
- Yield: 6 servings
- Florida Fruit Salsa:
- 1cup pineapple, chopped
- 1cup red pepper, chopped
- 1cup red onion, chopped
- -- sections of 4 oranges
- 1bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6-- (6- to 8-ounce) grouper fillets or other firm-flesh fish, 1-inch thick
- 1/2cup olive oil
- -- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- -- Lemon wedges (optional)
- For the salsa, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, onion, oranges and cilantro in a bowl and mix gently. Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- For the grouper, brush both sides of the fillets with the olive oil and sprinkle wih the sea salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side or until the fillets flake easity. Serve immediately with the salsa or lemon wedges. You may arrange the fillets on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes per side or until the fillets flake easily, turning the baking sheet as needed for even cooking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Panama City’s Bay Fetes (The Junior League of Panama City, Inc., 2003.