Grilled Fruit Salad with Teriyaki Glaze
- Yield 4 servings
Pineapple, mango, bell peppers and avocado take a turn on the grill with an Asian-inspired glaze.
- 2 -- (1-inch-thick) slices pineapple
- 1 -- mango, halved, peeled and pitted
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch thick rings
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch thick rings
- 1 medium avocado in the shell, cut in half and pitted
- -- Teriyaki Glaze (see recipe)
- 6 cups field greens or bite size pieces romaine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- -- Coarse salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios, macadamias or coconut flakes
- Place pineapples, mango, pepper rings and avocado in a bowl and cover with glaze; let sit 15 minutes. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Grill vegetables and fruits 4 to 6 minutes per side until grill-marked but not over-cooked. Remove avocado skins and dice pineapple, mango and avocado. Leave peppers in rings.
- Place field greens on 4 plates. Scatter grilled fruits and vegetables over greens and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and lime. Season with coarse salt and pepper from a mill. Top with nuts or coconut and serve.