Grilled Flank Steak Sandwich
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- 1 pound flank steak
- 4 large lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- 4 -- (1-inch thick) center slices King's Hawaiian® Sweet Bread, grilled
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles (2 ounces)
- -- Blue Cheese dressing (optional)
- Season steak with salt and pepper to taste. Grill over high heat until desired doneness is reached. Slice very thinly against the grain.
- Place lettuce leaves on each of 4 pieces of grilled bread.
- Pile thin slices of flank steak on lettuce leaves; sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle with prepared blue cheese dressing, if desired. Serve open faced.
NOTE: For garden fresh flavor, dice fresh tomato and red onion and sprinkle over top of sandwich.