GRILLED FIG, OLIVE AND TOMATO SALAD
- Yield 4 to 6
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cook 4 to 6 minutes
- California Black Ripe Olives
- 8 figs
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) cans California Black Ripe Olives
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cut figs and plum tomatoes into quarters.
- Rub them with olive oil and garlic, sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper and grill over a low to medium fire until they have some color, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place lettuce on a platter and arrange figs, tomatoes, olives and cheese on top. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze the lemon halves, sprinkle with basil and serve with crusty bread.