Grilled Curried Albacore with Apples
- Yield: 3 servings
- 1pound albacore loin, cut into 1-inch thick medallions
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 1teaspoon curry
- 1/2teaspoon grated ginger
- 1tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1teaspoon honey
- 1medium Red Delicious apple, sliced thinly
- Thaw frozen albacore loin.
- Make marinated by combining all other ingredients except apple. Add albacore and marinate for 30 minutes, turning once. Remove albacore reserving marinade.
- Heat grill. Place albacore on greased grate, and grill 4 to 5 inches from hot coals. For most loins, 3 to 4 minutes on each side is sufficient. Baste generously with reserved marinade. Turn frequently. Most importantly, do not overcook. Albacore should be pink in center when removed from heat. The center will continue to cook for several minutes after removal.
- Serve over chilled apple slices.
Recipe by Oregon Albacore Commission.