Grilled Curried Albacore with Apples
- Yield 3 servings
Grilled albacore tuna steaks are served over apple slices.
- 1 pound albacore loin, cut into 1-inch thick medallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple, sliced thinly
- Thaw frozen albacore loin.
- Make marinated by combining all other ingredients except apple. Add albacore and marinate for 30 minutes, turning once. Remove albacore reserving marinade.
- Heat grill. Place albacore on greased grate, and grill 4 to 5 inches from hot coals. For most loins, 3 to 4 minutes on each side is sufficient. Baste generously with reserved marinade. Turn frequently. Most importantly, do not overcook. Albacore should be pink in center when removed from heat. The center will continue to cook for several minutes after removal.
- Serve over chilled apple slices.
Recipe by Oregon Albacore Commission.