Grilled Citrus Salmon
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 2dashes cayenne pepper
- 2dashes salt
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1teaspoon dried dill
- 2teaspoons capers
- 3pounds fresh salmon fillets
- In a small saute pan over medium heat, combine lemon juice, olive oil, butter, mustard, garlic, pepper, salt, basil, dill and capers. While stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place salmon fillets skin-side down on a piece of heavy-duty foil with edges folded up, to make a pan. Pour sauce evenly over fish.
- Place fish on grill and cover with a lid.
- Barbecue over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness of fillets. Fish will be flaky and light pink in color when cooked.
NOTE: As an alternative, wrap fish in foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Portland, Oregon, From Portland’s Palate a Collection of Recipes from the City of Roses (The Junior League of Portland, Oregon, 1992).