Grilled Chicken with Tropical Olive Salsa
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2cups papaya, diced (1/2-inch)
- 1cup California Black Ripe Olives, wedged
- 1/2cup tomatillos, diced (1/4-inch)
- 1/4cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 2tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon minced red jalapeno peppers
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4cup lime juice
- 1/4cup chopped basil
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 2teaspoons minced ginger
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon each chili powder and curry powder
- 1dash allspice
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine papaya, olives, tomatillos, green onions, orange juice, cilantro, jalapenos and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, basil, garlic, ginger, oil, chili powder, curry powder, remaining salt and allspice. Place chicken breasts in bowl and toss to evenly coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill marinated chicken over medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until completely cooked through. Transfer to serving plates and top each piece with approximately 1/2 cup of salsa.
Recipe courtesy of California Olive Committee