Grilled Chicken with Three Bean Salad and Spicy Cherry Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
The combination of sweet and spicy flavors from the jams and vinegar plays well with the three bean salad.
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
- 2 tablespoons red jalapeno jam
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed, cooked haricot verts (or regular green beans)
- 3/4 cup cooked white beans, cannellini or Great Northern
- 3/4 cup cooked edamame
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 8 chicken thighs
- Combine the first four ingredients in a non-reactive sauce pan and cook until mixture is a thin syrupy consistency. Cool.
- Combine the next six ingredients in a large bowl; add the beans and shallots. Toss well.
- Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Grill over charcoal to desired doneness. Place chicken on bean salad, drizzle with cherry syrup.
Recipe by Chef Terry Conlan, courtesy of The Soyfoods Council