Grilled Chicken with Sweet Corn and Pepper Relish
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- 6-- chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1-- lemon
- 7tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1-- ear fresh corn, kernels removed from cob, about 1 cup kernels
- 1-- red bell pepper, diced
- 1-- green bell pepper, diced
- 1-- yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2cup diced red onion
- 2cloves garlic, diced
- 3tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon salt, divided
- 1teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Using vegetable peeler, peel lemon. In large shallow glass baking dish, place lemon peel strips and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken breast halves and marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours or up to overnight.
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to boil. Add corn kernels and simmer 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Make relish by combining in large bowl the corn, red pepper dice, green pepper dice, yellow pepper dice, onion, garlic and parsley. Stir well to combine. Add remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill or preheat broiler.
- Place chicken breasts on grill or under broiler and cook until golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken breasts, season with remaining salt and pepper and return to grill. Continue cooking until golden and cooked throughout, about 4 – 5 minutes more.
- To serve, slice each chicken breast on the diagonal into 4 or 5 slices. Top with relish. Garnish with additional parsley leaves, if desired.
Adapted from Weir Cooking Recipes from the Wine Country by Joanne Weir, Time Life.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 210
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 530mg
- Potassium 700mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 27g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 20%
- Vitamin C 180%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 6%