Grilled Chicken with Mango Ginger Chutney
- Yield 6 servings
- Grilled Chicken:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and pureed
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mango Chutney:
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Pierce surface of meat with a fork and place in a resealable plastic bag with pureed mango, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for severalhours or overnight.
- Combine all chutney ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer over low heat for a few minutes more to cook off excess liquid; let cool. (May be made up to 2 weeks ahead. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.)
- When ready to serve, remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium coals for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with Mango Chutney.
Serving Tips: Leftover chutney is delicious when spread on cold or grilled ham sandwiches.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board