Grilled Chicken with Basil Butter
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 4 -- chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, pounded thin
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Basil Butter:
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for basil butter; blend well. Place on sheet of plastic wrap, form into a log and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill, or broiler. Press black pepper into one side of each chicken breast half. In small bowl, combine melted butter, basil and salt. Brush each breast half with butter mixture; place on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout, about 7 – 8 minutes per side.
- When chicken is done, place one breast half on each of four plates; top with one fourth of the basil butter log.
From Johnson & Wales at North Miami, Fla.