Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Herbed Yogurt Spread
- Yield servings
- 1/3 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread
- 1 leaf red leaf lettuce
- 4 slices cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 slice red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine the plain Greek nonfat yogurt, garlic, parsley, thyme, and oregano in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the yogurt-herb mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, coat the chicken on all sides with the remaining yogurt-herb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Coat a nonstick grill pan with canola oil cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the reserved yogurt-herb mixture on the bread. Place the lettuce and chicken on top.
- Spread the remaining yogurt-herb mixture over the chicken and top with the cucumber and onion.
Recipe courtesy of Keri Glassman