Grilled Chicken Salad with Pineapple and Bell Pepper
- 1 1 1/2 pounds broiler-fryer chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce
- 14 ounces pineapple tidbits
- 3 Anaheim peppers, silced in rings
- 1 small onion, sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup almond slices, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- In saucepan, place mustard and stir in pineapple juice slowly to prevent lumping. Add soy sauce, vinegar and honey; place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Place chicken in a bowl and pour over warm sauce; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Place marinade in small saucepan and boil 3 minutes.
- Place chicken on prepared grill (or broiler rack) about 6 inches from heat. Cook, turning and basting with boiled marinade, about 6 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- To assemble salad, arrange lettuce on a plate; then add pineapple, pepper rings and onions. Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds. Top with chicken tenders and spoon remaining marinade over all.