Grilled Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pine Nuts
- Yield: 4 servings
- Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8cups spring salad mix
- 3/4cup seedless red grapes, cut into halves
- 1/3cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4cup pine nuts, toasted
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine the olive oil, vinegar, dill weed, garlic, pepper and oregano in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and seal tightly. Shake to combine. Let stand for 1 hour.
- To prepare the salad, grill the chicken over medium-hot coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Cool slightly. Arrange the salad greens evenly on four salad plates. Top each serving evenly with the grapes, cheese and pine nuts. Slice the chicken and arrange one chicken breast on each salad. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. A light salad with only four hundred calories per serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Palm Beaches’ Worth Tasting (the Junior League of Palm Beaches, Inc., West Palm Beach, Fl., 2007).