National Chicken Council
- 8-- chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 4strip bacon, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2-- pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2-- plantains, ripe, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2cup pineapple juice
- 1/4cup lime juice
- 2tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- Pineapple Dipping sauce:
- 2teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1large onion, minced
- 1-- (10 oz) jar of pineapple fruit spread and remaining marinade
blog comments powered by
On eight 10-inch skewers, thread chicken, bacon, pineapple and plantains, alternating ingredients. Set skewers on a tray with sides or in a glass baking dish. In small bowl, stir together pineapple juice, lime juice, oregano and garlic cloves. Pour pineapple juice mixture over skewers, turning to coat all sides thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 24 hours, turning skewers occasionally.
Before cooking chicken, prepare pineapple sauce.
Prepare grill. When coals are hot, lift skewers out of marinade and brush lightly with vegetable oil. Grill over medium-hot coals for about 20 minutes, turning often. Stir remaining marinade into sauce. Boil sauce over hot stove, stirring often, for 4 minutes.
Serve skewers hot, passing Pineapple Dipping Sauce separately.
Pineapple Dipping Sauce: In medium bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons vegetable oil; 1 large onion, minced; 1 10-ounce jar of pineapple fruit spread and remaining marinade. Boil as instructed before serving.