Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with Roquefort
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces)
- 8cups Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/3cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 4slices 1/2 inch thick slices Italian bread, about 3 inches by 5
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1clove clove garlic, minced
- 2teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2cloves cloves garlic
- 3tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4-- anchovies, rinsed and patted dry
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare grill and heat coals. In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for marinade. Brush both sides of bread slices with marinade. Place chicken in bowl of remaining marinade and turn to coat all sides. Set aside chicken and bread.
- In food processor or blender, mix mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, lemon juice and anchovies, processing until smooth. With processor running, gradually drizzle oil into dressing. Add salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
- Grill bread on both sides until browned. Transfer bread to cutting board and slice into 1-inch croutons. Grill chicken for 4 minutes on each side, until firm and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; slice into long and thin pieces. (Note: chicken and bread can also be broiled if preferred.)
- In large salad bowl, toss together lettuce with dressing until evenly coated. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese; toss again. Top with chicken slices and serve.