Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Peach Glaze
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2cups peach preserves or jam
- 1tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1whole jalapeno, finely chopped
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8whole "Frenched" chicken breasts
- 4whole ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted
- For Spicy Peach Glaze, combine first seven ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/2 cup.
- Preheat grill. Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place skin side down and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, until golden brown. Turn over and continue cooking for 5 to 6 minutes. Brush both sides with the peach glaze and continue cooking an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Place peach halves, cut side down on the grill and grill for 2 minutes. Turn over and brush with the reserved 1/2 cup of peach glaze, grill for 3 to 4 more minutes until peaches are soft.