Grilled Cheese with Fig Butter, Gruyere and Apples
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2tablespoons fig butter
- 4slices of rustic multigrain bread
- 4 apple slices
- 1/4cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/4cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1tablespoon butter
- Spread 1 tablespoon of fig butter on 1 slice of bread. Top with 2 apple slices, then with enough cheese to cover the bread. Top with another piece of bread. Repeat to make second sandwich.
- Heat nonstick pan over medium heat and add butter until melted. Place sandwiches in heated pan and cook over medium/low heat, about 4-5 minutes on each side until cheese is melted and bread is crisp.
- Serve immediately.