Mark Boughton Photography / styling: Teresa Blackburn
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1ounce sharp Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1ounce Gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 thin slices Granny Smith apple
- 2teaspoons butter
- Lay slices of bread on a counter or cutting board. Place half the cheese on one slice. Layer the apples on top. Add the remaining cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter. When melted, place sandwich in pan, and cook until golden on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the sandwich, cook until golden on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board. Let cool for 1 minute, cut in half or into sticks and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 230
- Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 280mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 11g