Grilled California Roast Beef Sandwich
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
This sandwhich was one of my Lunch special's I would run. This can be made with Deli Roast Beef, Turkey or Chicken. The Green Chile knocks it out of the Ball Park. Do not worry the green chile's are mild.
- 8slices sourdough bread
- 12slices deli sliced Swiss cheese (#1 slice)*
- 1pound deli sliced roast beef (#2 slice)**
- 2 (4-ounce) cans Ortega Canned Whole Green Chiles
- 10 to 12slices large tomatoes
- 1stick butter, room temperature
- Place sourdough bread on a work surface.
- Place 1 to 1.5 slices of Swiss cheese on half the bread slices, making sure the slice of cheese covers the bread.
- Place 1/4 of roast beef on top on cheese..
- Open and drain the green chiles. (You should have 6 to 8 whole green chiles.) Place 1 green chile on each sandwich, arranged so you get a little in every bite.
- Place 1 to 1.5 slices of Swiss cheese on top of the chiles.
- Place 2 slices of tomatoes on each sandwich. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Lightly butter the outside of each sandwich and place on grill or place in pan. Cook until golden and flip the sandwich to cook other side. ***
* May use any good white cheese
** May use any good deli sliced turkey or chicken.
*** A panini press would be great on this also
Recipe by Phillip Beardon