Grilled Brie with Tomato and Basil
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This recipe makes an impressive appetizer using only a handful of ingredients.
- 1 small round Brie cheese
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the cheese horizontally into halves and place one cheese half cut side up on a sheet of foil. Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until coated. Let stand to allow the flavors to blend.
- Spread the tomato mixture over the cheese half and top with the remaining half cut side down. Fold the foil over to seal. Place on a grill rack and grill over hot coals for 10 to 15 minutes or bake in a 350F oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with assorted party crackers.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Devon Horse Show and County Fair’s Appetizers at Devon(Devon, Pennsylvania, 2008).